Register for our summer programs online at www.mpl.on.ca (library card required) or in-person at an “Ask Us” desk (unless otherwise indicated by “drop-in”). July program registration begins June 25. August program registration begins July 17. Space is limited! Cost $5/program (unless otherwise noted).
- June 12, 19 & 25 – Celebrating National Aboriginal History Month with Dot Painting, Crawford Lake Lecture, and Indigenizing Education speaking engagement (all happening at Main).
- Thursday, June 14 @ 1:30 – 3:30 pm – Seniors’ Tea in celebration of Seniors Month at Main Library.
- Saturday, June 16 @ 11:00am – National Garden Day celebration with a tree planting event and learning about the values of gardens and gardening at Main Library.
- Saturday, June 23 @ 1:00 -3:00pm – TD Summer Reading Club and Read & Ride Program Launch Party – Mayor Krantz will be at Main Library, along with various other special guests, to celebrate these annual programs. Events will take place at both Main and Beaty branches.
- Saturday, August 11 @ 1:00 – 3:00pm – Celebrating Harry Potter at the Beaty Branch with crafts, activities, and more.
- Monday, August 27 @ 6:30 – 7:30pm – Put Pen to Paper Teen Short Story Contest Awards Reception where winners will be announced, and author and 2018 Red Maple™ nominee, Vikki VanSickle, will be joining us at the Beaty Branch for an inspirational author talk.
And so many more Children & Teen Programs happening in July & August (Read more for details).